Thursday, September 25, 2008

A mothers work...

Xavier has been sick with ear infections for basicly the whole of the last 6 weeks. (We just cleared his 3rd double ear infection). I've missed several days of work, obviously because of it. So, naturally when I went back today and attempting to begin to catch up and made a ton of phone calls and emails to my patients I was amazed.
Many of you know I work in pediatrics, but may not know I have the pleasure of working with children with special needs. Some of my main functions include working with children with epilepsy and preterm infants with long term medical complications. I was amazed as I contacted these parents to "catch up" everyone of them asked how my son was doing! Here they are with a chronicly ill child; my function is to help them and they are sure to ask me how my child is! It just made me so overwhelmed with more appreciation for them! I completely lose my mind when X or V are ill; they deal with much worse medical conditions everyday! While I've always been amazed at what these mothers do everyday, I have to admit my appreciation, respect and reverence was just kicked up a notch.
Thought I'd share......

2 comments:

Rita Peck said...

Thanks for sharing. It is always good to have a reminder of the super moms out there who remind us it isn't all about us. Hope X gets a break on the ear infections. Russell had a hard time with those but after colic the crying wasn't as bad.

Hillary said...

I loved it there and miss it so much! It is so fun to work with those families. I am devastated that the celebration turned out so crappy! I didn't go this year, I guess it's a good thing. Yes, I went to highschool with Mikelle. She is so cute. It's a small world, huh?