So, Xavier has been sick the last couple of weeks. It began after 2 half days a day care! It started as a virus and progressed to an ear infection. Treatment of the ear infection promptly turned into treatment of an allergic reaction to the antibiotics. Additionally, he is pushing about 6 teeth right now.
Picture me in the store attempting to pick up my second round of antibiotics. I've shopped around a bit to pick up a quick dinner and a few groceries. Xavier is progressively getting less patient. We can here directly from the doc's office and he is tired, covered in rash and hungry. After nearly one hour of waiting for the script to be filled, they inform me that they have yet to receive it. I told them I couldn't wait any longer-we'd come back later.
So I proceed to the self check out line, where trouble really begins. Of course, I have difficultly with the station and cannot get anyone to help. I decide to abandon the groceries, with much frustration, and leave. FINALLY, the clerk notices me; alas it was too late. The second she started to talk to me, I started to bawl, "my son is sick, I've been waiting for an hour to get his medicine, I just want the damn groceries!" It was all too late. Of course, now I'm horribly embarrassed and run out of the store!! Xavier started crying for sympathy!
Anyone else ever cried in the grocery store?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Yeah I remember one time holding a sleeping Russell while 7 months preg with Cassie. Tyson was at preschool. Russ had been screaming for the last 20 mins before falling asleep. I had to bag my own groceries because it was Winco and people just kept commenting on how my hands were full. Cassie was kicking non stop cause her brother was in her way so I was ready to quit when this man sent over his teen son to help. I started to cry and cried while they helped me load them in the van. I think the boy thought I was crazy but I was so exhausted and thankful it was all I could do not to sob. SOrry your didn't have that kind of ending.
if i even told you how many times similar things like this have happened to me you might question my parenting ability! so, sufice it to say...i completely empathize with you! you need to put up more pics of X! and yes, we do need to plan a WA trip with 4,5,6 girls forever!
Post a Comment